CB's Top Ten Songs of 2008

So, for those of you not in Australia (or hiding under rocks), the 2008 Triple J Hottest 100 was counted down yesterday, taking into account over 800,000 votes from around Australia and the world. Kings of Leon's Sex on Fire took out the top spot, which was almost as big a surprise as Heath Ledger winning Best Supporting Actor at the SAGs.


SO, in the interests of openness and honesty, here is my Top 10 songs of 2008 (as I voted for them in the Hottest 100) and where they fell in the countdown:


British India - You Will Die & I Will Take Over (not in Top 100)
Fleet Foxes - White Winter Hymnal (65)
Holidays - The – Holiday (not in Top 100)
Kings Of Leon - Use Somebody (3)
Little Red - Coca Cola (47)
MGMT - Electric Feel (2)
Rapture - The - No Sex For Ben (14)
Saboteurs , The - The Switch And The Spur (not in Top 100)
Sparkadia – Jealousy (79)

Vampire Weekend - M79 (not in Top 100)

OK. So I missed the boat on a few of my picks, and I suppose Sex on Fire should have been an obvious choice, but it was good to see some local Australian acts getting amongst the action.

CB

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds